The main objective of HYCOM is to become a regional hydropower competence centre, which can be accessed by a variety of users from the ASEAN region and beyond, offering demand oriented capacity building activities ranging from hands-on trainings, research and development projects to knowledge dissemination. Thereby HYCOM aspires to enhance expertise and to contribute to an improved implementation and operation of small-scale hydropower schemes.
More precisely, HYCOM pursues the following goals:
- Conduct customized training programs and implement research and technology development activities in accordance with the actual demands received from hydropower practitioners
- Facilitate an ASEAN-wide platform to exchange knowledge on small-scale hydropower
- Initiate and support regional networking amongst MHP practitioners and experts through the establishment of contacts between training participants
- Support the introduction of hydropower technology as learning modules for vocational schools
- Further develop the MHP market in the countries of the ASEAN region, as well as in other developing and emerging countries